2019 will see the rail replacement project continue, replacing track that was initially laid in the early 1990's. During the works, dedicated tram replacement buses will run in the affected area.
Work will take place in the five areas below at various times between April and August 2019.
Download our Rail Replacement 2019 Overview Leaflet here.
Area 1: Hillsborough Corner and Middlewood Road
Planned 19 April - 02 June 2019
Area 2: Shalesmoor towards Hillsborough
Planned 03 June - 18 July 2019
Area 3: Shalesmoor
Planned 22 July - 25 July 2019
Area 4: Hillsborough Corner - Holme Lane
Planned 26 July - 09 August 2019
Area 5: University of Sheffield
Planned 25 August - 30 August 2019
Where else have we made information available?
- Leaflets on trams
- Public and business drop-in events
- Door drop to affected households
- Announcements on trams
- Message on Passenger Information Displays at tram stops
- Emails sent to stakeholders - Sheffield Councillors, community and disability groups, user groups and businesses etc
- Regular posts on social media - @SCSupertram - @TSYalerts - @TravelSYorks
- Individual letter drop by Volker Rail to local residents and businesses directly affected by the works
- Posters at affected Park and Ride sites
- Street Team (Trambassadors) on trams
- Emails sent to Supertram newsletter and planned disruption subscribers
- Posters and signage at tram stops
- Staff at affected tram stops
- Regular updates on the TSY disruptions page
- Information available via Traveline (01709 515151)